Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can I change my name?

Some days you just want to change your name. You fear that if you hear a student call out your name one more time, you will scream! It is sort of like being on the phone and your children keep calling Mom! Mom! Mom! over and over, ignoring the fact that you are occupied and that their needs will not be immediately met. Then, when you do answer them, they say they just wanted to see if where you were. This was my day on Friday! The majority of the students had earned enough points to go on a reward trip, so I had the students who did not attend. I looked forward to giving these students some serious one on one attention. Slowly through the day, however, my "popular" classroom filled and that one on one time became impossible. The students, though, all wanted to have me to themselves, and repeatedly called out my name, over and over, even when I was working with someone else. By the end of the day, I wished them all a good weekend, and sent them back to their respective classrooms. Some days, you just want to change your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment