Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day

One of the joys of being a teacher, any type of teacher, is the snow day! While none of us loves shoveling mounds of snow, in this case, mounds and mounds and mounds of snow, the ability to relax and be lazy for a day is an invitation to cheer. Personally, being so new in my career, I don't necessarily need the relief that many veteran teachers desire, and while I am happy for them,I really  wish that I could have today to work with some of my students who need a little more of my attention. My perfect snow day would allow me to teach a few individual students for a longer period of time, giving them the chance to catch up that much sooner. Sick, isn't it? Not to worry. I am sure that as the years pile up, I too, will be among the grateful, snow day teachers, who smile, cup of hot cocoa in hand, feet up, and worry free.

No comments:

Post a Comment